Thursday, May 27, 2010

Acupuncture & Gua Sha

I've been seeing an acupuncturist. She's amazing. I originally went because a friend of mine told me that she has a great reputation for helping those TTC. I thought it was worth a try. And I'm glad I went. As she explained on my first visit, she doesn't start by focusing on the reproductive organs. She needs to get my body balanced as a whole first, and then she can work on individual systems. The first 2 sessions were focused on over-all balancing. What a difference! I leave each session feeling so much more relaxed!

In addition to the acupuncture she also used a technique called Gua Sha. I knew nothing about it before my appointment. Here's a link to explain the technique - http://www.guasha.com/. I wish I had taken a photo of my back after the session. It was so bruised! My husband couldn't believe it. It looked like someone had whipped me many, many times. Although my acupuncturist said it wouldn't hurt after, I did find my back to be very tender. I think the technique is very interesting and probably works for some - but I didn't feel as good after that session and I think I'll stick to acupuncture.

On my last visit she stuck one of the needles in my left calf. It hurt. A lot. Usually I don't even feel the needles. When I commented on it she said,"That's for baby-making". I had to laugh. So hopefully my balance will become better aligned and the stars will align and whatever else has to happen will happen (ie. sperm meets egg!!) and we will end up with a BFP this cycle!

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment