Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fortunate

Yesterday my husband and I went grocery shopping. Something we both enjoy doing - except the paying and putting away part. But last night as I was walking up and down the endless aisles of food I had an overwhelming feeling of guilt. I don't know why it happened at that particular moment but I began thinking of Haiti. This country has recently suffered such horrific distruction from an earthquake which has left more than 150,000 people dead and countless injured. The country is in ruins. It's hard to wrap your head around the fact that this can be happening somewhere in the world at the same time you are deciding which type of yogurt to buy. How did I end up so fortunate to live where I do? To have the means to go grocery shopping? I guess the key is to share your fortune. Please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment