Thursday, September 2, 2010

Namaste

Today I did something I haven't done in a long time. I went to yoga. I haven't done it in years. I substituted it for running. I was that pompous runner who felt that running was the only true form of exercise. Why walk when you can run? That was my motto. But then I hurt my hip.


Turns out running didn't love my body as much as my body loved running. I sustained an injury -- a torn labrum in my right hip. No more running for me. I need to do something though. So I turned back to yoga. And I'm wondering why I ever left.


It is so rejuvenating. I love the feel of my muscles stretching, the feeling of stress leaving my body as I breathe. Sure it's not the same feeling I got when I had Lady Gaga blaring on my iPOD and I was taking a challenging hill. But it's a good feeling. A peaceful feeling. As I get more and more frustrated with my TTC journey - it's a centered feeling I feel that I need.


And who knows .... maybe someday I'll be able to do this ....


No comments:

Post a Comment