Friday, July 23, 2010

The Gym

I was supposed to go to the gym today. And yesterday. And the day before that. But here's the thing --- I'm a master of excuses. I can think of (seemingly) valid reasons why I couldn't possibly go to the gym. Mainly it's 'I'm too busy' followed up with "I'm too tired". Let's not forget the frequently used "I don't have time" or I even sometimes think "I'll just eat less". I see them for what they're worth. Excuses.

But still here I sit. Getting fatter. Lazier. I do feel more tired than ever. And I know it's because I don't get any physical activity. In my head I know exactly what I need to do. Eat less & move more. But I keep eating. And gaining. I think part of me does it because similar to an alcoholic I think, 'I can stop anytime'. But this is obviously not true. I am miserable. I. Am. Miserable. What is it going to take?

1 comment:

  1. Oh I could give you excuses you haven't even thought about. Just think about how great you feel after you work out. I have a problem getting motivated to do it as well. You just need to make it routine lady. Can you try to go before work? It could give you an extra boost of energy for work.

    ReplyDelete